Lunes, Mayo 5, 2014

Bridal Fair May 4

So we went to the Weddings and Beyond Bridal Fair and there were 2 things that got my attention:

1. Pillowcase Band

I fell in love with the band when I heard them sing. The music was not 'chaotic' to my ears, I mean these guys really belong together. They do not have the song "La Vie en Rose" though (at the time) which I find very unusual because I think that song has been sung a lot in weddings. But they played "Till There Was You" and I was very happy that day with Marlon. :) The band leader was easy to talk to, while talking to him I chanced to glance upon his fingers and I saw the marks of years of playing the guitar - I mean literally his fingertips are just about to explode, man! It was much worse than when I was pregnant and had to prick my fingers for glucose checks, but anyways, while looking at those worn, seemingly abused fingertips, I was just thinking: he really loves to play the guitar, and had a lot of years doing it, this is his passion!

Still waiting for the list of the songs which he said he's going to send, I can't say it is overdue as of yet. I also have not deposited the down payment, he didn't give any bank details and I think he will send it after I see the list of their songs

2. e-guestbook / Photobooth

With this one, I got so thrilled, I truly, want this for my wedding if only it will not take us over the budget. However, I really plan to stick to our budget, and  had to read and re-read my "Decision-Making List" just to keep myself from booking them.
The price is 25k, but if you book them during bridal fairs, you get them for 20k. The regular photobooth costs about 5k so it would mean that it will cost 15k above the budget we set for the wedding.

I'm sure the guests will enjoy this if only I can get it. They print it right away, too, just like the photobooth and people can even doodle their messages to their photo and all the files will be given to us in CD form. They can also take care of seating the guests to their respective places because they can display the seat plan. But I don't care much about that because, (1) I only have 100 guests and, (2) I am thinking of seat zoning (people allowed to sit anywhere within their zone, ex: family, friends, etc) Also if I will get them I want them to start maybe 2 hours before the reception ends, and here's why: the 20k package is only good for two hours, of course I don't want them to pack up and have other guests regret they didn't get their picture taken earlier, thinking they have a lot of time after eating.

I am actually prioritizing this rather than paying OTD (that's how much I like it!!!)
We'll see. 
Oh... but i have to remind myself to stick to the budget!
Or do I?
LOL

Oh and we got freebies, too.
W@W Wedding Planner
Bride's Yellow Pages
Weddings and Beyond Magazine 

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento